Investing on my own?

What shares, stocks etc can be invested in now? Can I do it on my own or do I need a financial advisor or stock broker?

Definitely not. The days of needing stock brokers are a thing of the past. There are so many platforms where you can buy and sell stocks with no fees.
If you are a total beginner and want to learn more, look in to the “dollar cost averaging” strategy, using index funds and ETFs to invest in the entire stick market rather than individual stocks.
There are also services like roboadviser where you get a personel “robot” financial advisor who advises you based on your specific needs.

What roboadvisor service would be a good one for a beginner to use?

I don’t really have much experience using them, but I’ve seen that wealthfront is free of charge through your first $5,000. I don’t know how much the others cost but just putting it out there.
Hope that helps.

Robinhood is free free free

Yah but robinhood isnt a roboadvisor…

2 Likes

Fayga was asking which roboadviser is the best. I do use robinhood though, and yah it’s totally free.

SoFi automated investing is free and requires almost zero setup. It will pick different index funds, ETFs, bonds, etc depending on the preferred risk / growth level you set. It also auto reinvests the dividends and can automatically invest a set amount from your bank account monthly.

2 Likes

Is robinhood easy to use?

Robinhood is very easy to use.

How do I know what stocks are worth investing in long term?

Great question. Your first step should be to educate yourself.

Learn to Invest with MyWallSt (Free)

With Learn by MyWallSt, you can access 40 investing lessons written by our expert investing team, giving you a clear path towards becoming an investor.

If you really want to learn how to understand a companies value and how to calculate potential future value so that you can invest in companies you believe in and align with then I’d suggest reading Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money

If you want to be more conservative and less risky with your investments than investing in low cost Index Funds might be the best option. To learn more about investing in low cost index funds and how not to lose your pants investing in the stock market you should read Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins

If you do open a Robinhood account, get a link from someone that has an account. They get a free stock as a referral.

Here is my link http://join.robinhood.com/raphael8

Look into Amrn today. Their stock tanked.

1 Like

The shares of Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ: AMRN) tanked in the after-hours session on Monday as the court ruled against its patent for heart treatment drug Vascepa.

I’ve been using Cash App to invest It doesn’t have as much as Robinhood but it works just fine

Try it using my code and we’ll each get $5. NCMQGSP https://cash.app/app/NCMQGSP

Also, if you have some risk tolerance, cryptocurrencies like $BTC and $ETH are at much lower prices now than they were a few weeks ago. They can be bought and held on Robinhood, but if you prefer having full control of the funds (ability to store in a private wallet, spend them, etc.), I can help you get set up with that.